AT EASE BEACH HOTEL
Contemporary beach hotel in the surfing hub of Hikkaduwa
Eat, sleep and play to the echo of the waves. Hit the surf with an expert instructor, cool off in the pool, and relax on a quieter section of the beach that’s within easy walking distance of the main break at Hikkaduwa. Bespoke wildlife and cultural tours also available.
Book from USD $150 per night for a family room sleeping 4.
- BE THERE
- SURF & BEACHES
- EAT & DRINK
- THINGS TO DO
Unwind with the sand between your toes and the Indian Ocean on your doorstep. This small and friendly hotel is the perfect spot if you want to enjoy the beauty of Hikkaduwa without the crowds.
Transfer: 1hr 45mins from Colombo international airport. Air-con van, English speaking driver and baby/ booster seats available.
Best time to go: Nov–Apr (offshore winds/ dry season); av. air temp 30C; av. water temp 27C. (April-Oct is monsoon season, with onshore winds and more unpredictable waves in this region.
Surf level: Beginner to expert.
Other activities: Luxury wildlife and cultural tours.
- At Ease is a small and friendly beach hotel with just 4 family rooms and 6 doubles.
- Family rooms sleep up to 4 guests with 2 king-size beds, an en suite and a private balcony. Enjoy free tea and coffee, free filtered water, air conditioning and a TV. What the family rooms miss out on with the sea views, they more than make up for with a cool and contemporary sanctuary to enjoy between beach sessions.
- Relax and feel at ease in the spacious double rooms, each with a king size bed, private balcony and stunning sea views. Extra beds and cots are available, making these the perfect option for families with one small child.
The hotel sits directly on the beachfront, with a swimming pool and sun loungers hemming the sand.
- Bodyboards and beach toys are free to use.
- Beachfront restaurant.
- Eco stainless steel water bottles with free, filtered water, to help reduce plastic pollution.
- Free wifi.
- One of the most popular and famous surf spots in Sri Lanka, Hikkaduwa boasts excellent waves for all levels.
- At Ease beach hotel is situated just 10 minutes’ walk (2 minutes by tuk-tuk) from the main break, on a quieter section of the beach, so it’s the perfect location away from the crowds of this popular surfing spot.
- Smaller swells from the west (Dec-Feb) create better conditions for beginners on the beach break wave, while the tail ends of the season bring bigger swells for more advanced surfers.
- At Ease beach hotel can organise surfing lessons with an expert English speaking (Aussie) instructor, who is a trained lifeguard and provides excellent sessions for the family.
- When you’re not on a surfboard, don a mask and snorkel and spot fish and sea turtles.
- Buy a fresh coconut, find a spot under a palm tree on the sand and watch the world go by.
- Beachfront restaurant and bar serving an eclectic mix of Asian and European food and drinks with stunning sea views.
- Open all day for breakfast, excellent coffee, after-surf lunches, family dinners and sundowners.
- Breakfast is included in your stay – choose from local specialities including stringhoppers and coconut sambal, or opt for Western-style dishes.
- The menus change regularly to reflect the freshest produce in season – from locally caught fish to the freshest fruit and vegetables.
- On Friday nights enjoy a beach barbecue.
- Special requests including romantic candle-lit dinners by the beach are available.
- Your hosts can organise an array of bespoke family-friendly wildlife and cultural tours with their own personal drivers and tour company.
- Why not explore the Madu River by boat, try a fish foot massage and visit a turtle hatchery?
- For a guaranteed, up-close experience with elephants and a low-key family safari head to the Uda Walewe National Park. Or you can visit the Pinnawala sanctuary for orphaned and injured elephants.
- One of the most popular excursions is a whale watching from Mirissa, where you can spot blue whales, orca and spinner dolphins. It’s worth the early start – trust us!
- For a cultural day out, visit the fort town of Galle, built by the Portuguese in the 1500s.
- Take a train ride in the hilltops and visit Ella and Kandy.
- Take a family-friendly hike to ‘Little Adam’s Peak’ for spectacular views.
- Go rafting in Kithulgala.
- Multi-day round trips and bespoke tours of Sri Lanka’s highlights are also available, with all accommodation on route arranged.
There are no reviews yet.