A boutique family beach hotel overlooking the waves in Bude
Soak up the sea views, hit the waves and relax in chic family rooms on the cliffs beside Widemouth Bay, Bude. Immerse yourself in the coastal lifestyle, as you learn to surf, dine on nature’s bounty and enjoy all sorts of activities from coasteering to cricket.
- BE THERE
- WHAT'S ONSITE
- SURF & BEACHES
- EAT & DRINK
- THINGS TO DO
- WE SAY
Boutique family beach hotel in Cornwall
Location: Widemouth Bay, Bude, Cornwall
Transfer: 1hr drive from Newquay Cornwall Airport
Climate: Summer 16-20C
Best time to go: Feb–Nov
Surf level: All levels
Family friendly: All ages from babies to grandparents
Other activities: Bodyboarding, coastal hiking, spa treatments, sauna and gym.
Time Zone: GMT
Relax to the echo of the waves in comfortable, contemporary family rooms.
Family rooms sleep up to four, with a double bed and two bunk beds. They offer stunning rural views and modern facilities including a Playstation 2, Bluetooth speaker and DVD library.
There is one family bungalow in the grounds sleeping up to 8 guests, with four bedrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen and living area, as well as unlimited access to all the hotel facilities.
Some of the hotels’ double rooms are able to accommodate an extra bed for families travelling with one child.
All accommodation is perfectly equipped for kids, grown-ups and dogs, too.
Enjoy extensive family facilities at your fingertips:
- Steam in the sauna and relax under the spell of spa treatments.
- Get pumped in the fully equipped gym.
- If the sun doesn’t shine catch some rays in the vertical solarium.
- Freewheel from coast to countryside on mountain bikes free for guests’ use.
- There’s everything you need to keep kids’ entertained and happy, including indoor and outdoor games (football, pétanque and cricket), and toddler equipment.
Elements overlooks the stunning coastline, a mile from the surfing beach of Widemouth Bay.
There are foam surfboards for guests’ use, a drying room for wetsuits and surfboard store room.
Learn to surf in the hands of local experts at the Freewave Surf Academy. This Surfing England accredited surf school and lifeguard training centre, provides surfing lessons for all members of the family at Widemouth Bay.
Surfboard and wetsuit rental available.
Bude offers a range of surf breaks for all levels of surfers, including Summerleaze, Crooklets, Sandymouth, Northcott Mouth and Duckpool (experts only).
The beaches boast a traditional seaside vibe, with colourful beach huts, ice cream kiosks and plenty of families building sandcastles and basking in British beach life.
Water temps range from 9-10C in winter to 15-18 in summer – so you’ll need at least a 3/2mm wetsuit in summer and 5/4mm in winter.
Elements is home to a lively and contemporary Italian-style restaurant, serving family friendly menu including daily specials, pizzas and fresh seafood from the day boats.
Kickback on the terrace at sundown, with a crisp local lager or glass of fizz.
- Walk a mile over the cliff tops to pad along Widemouth Bay.
- Take a dip in Bude’s famous sea pool at Summerleaze Beach.
- Take a stroll along the canal spotting birds and wildlife.
- Make a splash on a SUP or coasteering adventure with Freewave Surf Academy.
- Get away from it all at Duckpool, a rugged little cove where vast cliffs collapse into a sand and boulder beach, and there are no tourist trappings except for an ice cream van on the sunniest days.
“We love the location of Widemouth Beach – it’s a fabulous family surfing spot right on the doorstep of Bude’s kiss-me-quick seaside town vibe.”
Hayley Lawrence, Surfing mum and travel expert.