A five-star family resort close to beaches and Lisbon
Enjoy an array of family facilities at this luxury hotel and villas within easy reach of Cascais’ beaches, the city of Lisbon and Sintra National Park. A designer resort made with families in mind, you can make the most of beach life and activities alongside kids’ clubs, creche, sports academies and a spa.
From €2,009-€4,151 per week for a 2-bedroom Grand Deluxe Villa (low season-high season).
- BE THERE
- SURF & BEACHES
- FOOD & DRINK
- THINGS TO DO
The perfect destination for active families who want to include surfing in their repertoire of leisure activities. The Martinhal is a luxury beach resort offering a range of family accommodation from apartments to villas, all with access to an array of facilities including kids clubs, sports, restaurants and a spa.
Location: Cascais, Portugal.
Transfer: 30mins drive from Lisbon airport (transfers available).
Family Friendly: Multi-generational, from babies to grandparents.
Climate: 18-26C (Spring/ Autumn–Summer).
Surf level: Best for beginners to intermediates.
Best time to go: The best time for a family surfing holiday is Easter to October, with temperatures rising from 18C (spring) to 26C in mid summer. The surf for is suitable for beginners to intermediates, with some flat spells in summer.
Other activities: Paddle boarding, kayaking, swimming, tennis, sailing, cycling, diving, hiking, boat trips, fitness sessions, rock climbing…
Time zone: GMT +1
The luxury hotel and villas are designed with families in mind:
The stylish 2-bedroom villas with private gardens, are positioned to take full advantage of the surroundings, a short walk from the main building and next to our Kids Clubhouse, green areas and heated pool. Designed for family life, they boast contemporary architecture, with loft-style double height living spaces and an open plan kitchen. Sleep 2 adults + 2 children.
Make yourself at home in a luxurious open-plan suite with an extra-large bathroom. The living area and small dining area can be separated from the bedroom using a pull-out wooden screen. Sleep 2 adults + 2 children.
- DELUXE FAMILY SUITE
Enjoy privacy and space, with two interconnecting Deluxe Rooms, all in a large combined space. Both rooms have en-suite bathrooms with luxury walk-in showers and baths, and private balconies with views over the water features, landscaped gardens and the pool area, or the greens of the golf course. Sleep 2 adults + 2 children.
- DELUXE ROOM
Ideal for families with one child, these hotel rooms have huge windows extending out onto spacious balconies, with beautiful views either over the water features, landscaped gardens and pool area, or the golf course. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with luxury walk-in showers and baths. Sleep 2 adults + 1 child.
- DELUXE SUPERIOR
With the same deco and style as the Deluxe Rooms, the spacious Deluxe Superior Rooms have been fitted with design bunk beds, giving families the comfort of staying in the same room when needed. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms, with luxury walk-in showers and baths, and ceiling-to-floor windows that lead to a spacious balcony with stunning views.
A place made for family life, there are all sorts of facilities onsite to ensure you plenty of options to get active or relax. These include:
- Three swimming pools: the Pool Hangout (open from June to September), the indoor and outdoor pools next to the spa, and the Kids Clubhouse pool.
- Tranquil spa with garden space, sauna and treatment rooms.
- Football and tennis sports academies.
- Gymnasium and a range of classes (personal trainer available on request).
- Bike hire and bike tours.
- Kids’ clubs, crèche, clubhouse and babysitting – providing childcare for all ages.
- Baby concierge and complimentary baby equipment from potties and baby gates to baths and bottle sterilisers.
- Outdoor and indoor play areas.
- Martinhal Cascais is 10 minutes' drive from Guincho beach and Cascais' beaches – offering a range of waves and more sheltered spots for bucket-and-spade days.
- In the hands of Surf school Lisbon, you can enjoy private and group lessons, surf guiding and advanced training for all ages and levels – on the closest beaches to suit your ability.
- Surf camps are also available, with group classes for participants aged 10+.
- Serving authentic Portuguese cuisine in family-friendly restaurants, great food is an integral part of daily life at the Martinhal.
- Relax in the Lounge Bar or enjoy all-day dining at the M Bar next to the kids' club.
- A full breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner*, is served at O’Terraço restaurant in the heart of the resort, where you can opt to dine al fresco on the deck.
- The restaurants each have a dedicated children's play area.
- The children's menu includes purees for babies and 'Little Gourmet' options for discerning young tastes.
* Breakfast, meal supplements and half-board rates are available. Please enquire at time of booking.
- Water sports include sailing, kayaking, fishing, boat trips and stand up paddleboarding.
- On land try golf, tennis, horse riding, rock climbing, hiking and biking.
- Find your Zen a pilates, yoga, fitness and well-being classes.
- Biking tours and bike hire onsite.
- Relax with couples’ treatments, family treatments, massages and beauty treatments at the spa.
- Book a babysitter and head out for a romantic sunset dinner.
- Let the kids make new friends and enjoy the array of clubs and activities, while you kick back with a good book in the sunshine.