Luxury family beach resort, Christ Church, Barbados
Soak up the sunshine and surf in style at this island escape on the edge of a pristine sandy beach. Wake up to the rolling waves, go from your bed to your surfboard in seconds, and immerse yourself in the buzzing Caribbean culture of nearby St Lawrence Gap.
From £3,850 for 10 nights B&B in a one-bedroom suite, sleeping 4 (peak season).
- BE THERE
- SURF & BEACHES
- EAT & DRINK
- THINGS TO DO
Open your eyes to the Caribbean sea and enjoy high-spec family facilities at this luxury beachfront resort.
Location: Dover Beach, Barbados
Getting there: 15 minutes’ drive from BGI international airport
Family Friendly: All ages
Climate: Av temps of 25-30C year-round/ water temp 25-28C
Surf level: Beginner to experienced.
Time Zone: GMT/UTC -4
- A selection of elegant beachfront suites decked out in plush furnishings.
- One-bedroom oceanfront suites sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children. These include a master bedroom with a king-size bed, large bathroom with rainfall and hand-held showers, spacious living area with a sofa bed, a fully equipped kitchen and a balcony overlooking the cerulean Caribbean Sea.
- Larger families might prefer to spread out into a two-bedroom oceanfront suite – sleeping up to 2 adults/ 4 children or 4 adults/ 2 children. Each has two bedrooms (with king-sized beds), two bathrooms, two balconies and a spacious living area with a sleeper sofa and fully equipped kitchen.
- The Bay View suite has partial ocean views and includes a soaker tub, private balcony, kitchen and dinner table to seat up to six.
- The most luxurious option is the two-bedroom penthouse suite, with its two king-size bedrooms, two bathrooms and a grand balcony boasting breathtaking views.
- Baby equipment available.
- In-room entertainment systems complete with WiFi, iPod docking stations and a selection of high-definition television channels.
Watch the sunset from the Panorama Roof Deck, Enjoy a spa treatment in the comfort of your luxury room, book a babysitter or take a dip in the plunge pool on the roof deck overlooking Oistin’s Bay.
An extensive range of facilities include:
- Daily yoga classes at the gym, on the beach or on the rooftop patio at sunrise. Booking essential.
- 150ft swimming pool with a swim-up bar where you can enjoy cocktails and canapés.
- Free babysitting service available.
- Spa treatments from manicures to massages.
- Beach equipment hire.
- Direct access to the surf and snorkelling on the coral reef.
- Kids’ activities from stargazing to movie nights (peak season).
- State-of-the-art gym with treadmills, elliptical trainers and weights.
- Personal training and yoga available on request.
- Dedicated water sports team to organise anything from hiring a hobie cat to surfing lessons.
- Snorkels, goggles, boogie boards, kayaks, pool floats and noodles available.
- Live evening entertainment in the lobby or rooftop bars (selected nights only).
- Adult-only panorama roof deck overlooking Oistin’s Bay.
- Personal concierge service.
- Direct access onto a secluded beach perfect for surfing, swimming and family beach days.
- Rent all the beach equipment you need from the hotel.
- Family Surf Co. will tee you up with an expert instructor who will take you the best beaches for your ability.
- Within easy reach of a handful of surf breaks including South Point and Freights.
- Plenty of surf breaks to choose from – especially for learner and intermediate surfers.
- If you’re looking for a more challenging wave, head 30-minutes north to Soup Bowl, touted as one of Kelly Slater’s favourite waves.
- Close to Soup Bowl, Sandbank is another more mellow option for beginner to intermediate surfers.
- Explore the nearby beaches of Christ Church and St Lawrence Gap.
- Dine with the sand between your toes at the hotel’s open-air restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Onsite dining options include Taste Restaurant, serving international cuisine with a Caribbean twist, and the Oasis Bar and Lounge.
- Hire a private chef to treat you to Caribbean culinary delights.
- Enjoy cocktails and canapés in the hotel’s swim-up bar.
- Walking distance to plenty of nearby restaurants serving Bajan dishes the whole family will love.
- Hire a hobie cat and go sailing.
- Try jet ski-ing.
- The water sports team will arrange all sorts of activities from snorkelling to and windsurfing diving.
- Play tennis just footsteps away from the hotel.
- It’s a few minutes’ walk to the vibrant and happening town of St Lawrence Gap where you can soak up the Caribbean culture.
- Walk to Oistin’s Fish Market, famous for its Friday night seafood feasts teamed with live music and local rum.
- Explore the crystal clear pools and crystallised limestone of Harrison’s cave on an underground adventure.