Modern family living by majestic Watergate Bay
Make yourself at home in a luxurious, modern home nestled above the stunning surf beach of Watergate Bay. Relax with breath-taking sea views from the stylish reverse-living area, gaze out to the ocean and countryside from the decking, and make the most of all the trimmings including a hot tub, sauna and cinema snug.
Cost per week: From £2,750 per week for up to 10 guests
- BE THERE
- BEACH LIFE
- EAT & DRINK
- THINGS TO DO
- WE SAY
Enjoy one of Cornwall’s finest surfing beaches from a stylish and modern sanctuary just 500m from the waves. Watergate Bay offers the perfect fusion of coastal style, surfing and sublime beach life. Yo-yo between the waves, two-miles of sand and a luxurious family pad a short stroll from the beach. You’re also on the outskirts of Newquay, the surfing capital of the UK.
Location: Watergate Bay, Cornwall
Transfer: 5 minutes’ drive from Newquay Cornwall Airport
Climate: Summer 16-20C; spring and autumn 12-18C (best swells)
Surf level: Beginners to experts
Rockpools is a 4-bedroom modern family pad with everything you need to enjoy beach life to the max. Sleeping up to 10 guests, it features:
- 1 master en-suite bedroom with sea views
- 2 double en-suite bedrooms
- 1 twin en-suite
- A sofabed in the TV room, making up the extra room for larger families.
- Large open plan south-west facing living space with a inset logburner.
- The dining area, seating 10 is located by the picture window and is the perfect setting for sunsets over the sea.
- Secure landscaped gardens with sea views.
- Hot tub, sauna and hanging chairs.
- Large decking area with alfresco dining furniture and BBQ.
- Logburner in the reverse-level open-plan living area, with sea views.
Full entertainment system including a smart TV with Sky Sports, BOSE sound system and fibre broadband.
- Bespoke fitted kitchen diner with everything from the coffee maker and 5-ring induction hob, to a large fridge and large separate freezer, making family meal times simple. Private chefs are also available.
- For babies and toddlers there is a child stair gate at the top of the main stairs and a high chair in the dining room. A travel cot is provided and there are buckets and spades available for your children to enjoy on the beach during your stay.
- The duvets and pillows are all anti-allergy.
- Tesla & Electric Charging point.
- Secure off street Parking for 3 cars.
- Dogs welcome.
- Babysitters available on request.
- We can organise meal deliveries, private chefs and massage treatments.
- We can organise private, group and family surfing sessions.
- Surf lessons suit all ages and abilities from 8years old.
- Board and equipment rental also available.
- It’s 500m to Watergate Bay, one of the most consistent surf spots in Cornwall. During small swells Watergate Bay offers perfect beginner and longboard waves; and when the spring and winter swells roll in from the Atlantic it offers some of the best surf in Cornwall.
- Water temps range from 9-10C in winter to 15-18 in summer – so you’ll need at least a 3/2mm wetsuit in summer and 5/4mm in winter.
- You’re also just five miles from the beaches of Newquay – the UK’s surfing capital, where you can hit the waves at the famous Fistral Beach.
Watergate Bay’s two-mile beach is the epicentre of stylish family surfing holidays in Cornwall.
- Enjoy consistent waves, a huge expanse of sand for beach games and rock pooling (at the northern end) and a family-friendly line-up of cafés and restaurants.
- Take a low-tide walk to Whipsiderry beach and seek out the emerald cave pool.
- Just over the headland to the north is Mawgan Porth – a sandy, wave-lashed runway with excellent beachside amenities including cafés, a pub and beach equipment/ surf hire.
- Watergate Bay is just a 5-minute drive from Newquay’s vibrant huddle of beaches, including Lusty Glaze, Tolcarne, Great Western, Towan and the surfing mecca of Fistral.
Enjoy Cornwall’s smorgasbord of delicious food on the doorstep, or let us bring the restaurant to your luxury beach house, with gourmet deliveries. Not only can we provide grocery shopping (picking on the best local produce where we can), we will also manage the delivery of home-cooked meals and perfect picnics to be enjoyed in picturesque locations. We can even organise coastal cookouts, with a fire on the beach, Cornish lobster and toasted marshmallows.
Watergate Bay is home to a huddle of surfside restaurants including:
- TheLiving Space is a relaxed all-day food and drink venue where you can sink into a comfy sofa, bask on the deck or take a seat at a sea-view table for coffee, cocktails and seasonal grazing dishes.
- The newest addition at thewaters’ edge is the Watchful Mary, where you can catch the sunset with a cocktail or craft beer in hand.
- The Beach Hut, Watergate Bayis the perfect spot to hangout surfside and feast on cracking sea views. Sandy feet are welcome in this trendy on-the-beach diner where you can grab a legendary burger, warm up with an Extreme Hot Chocolate or tuck into bistro favourites and succulent local seafood. Pre-book at busy times.
- Make the most of the ocean breeze and try kitesurfing with Atlantic Riders.
- Other water sports and beach activities include traction kiting, SUP, hand planing, wave skiing and bodyboarding.
- Yoga and Pilates also available on request.
- Hit the South West Coast Path and explore the stunning beach scenery.
ON THE DOORSTEP
Personally, we’re never more that a couple of footsteps from the beach, but whether you’re looking for beach life, scenery of something a bit different, here are a few family friendly things to do nearby:
- Walk along the cliff-top coast path from Watergate Bay to Porth, stand on the end of Porth Island and look for the blowhole, and pause for coffee and cake at Roos Beach <insert link: https://roosbeach.co.uk/pages/new-coffee-shop-page>. If it’s low tide, stroll back along the beach from Whipsiderry to Watergate Bay.
- Go on a coastal walk from neighbouring Mawgan Porth to Bedruthan Steps, taking a cream tea stop at Carnewas Tea Rooms.
- If you’ve got surf and skate crazy kids, head into Newquay and ride the Concrete Waves of the skate park.
- Experience the vibrant beach culture of the UK’s surfing capital.
- Checkout the underwater life without getting your hair wet when you visit the Blue Reef Aquarium.
- Head to Newquay Zoo to see over 100 species of wildlife from lions to poison dart frogs.
“For larger families you can’t beat the location and style of this fully-kitted out, designer beach house overlooking Watergate Bay. After your surf you can swing in the hammock chairs, warm up in the hot tub or hunker down by the log fire.”
Hayley Lawrence, Surfing mum and travel expert.