Beachfront hotel with family rooms
Bag a spacious family room beside the waves at this stylish beach hotel overlooking Fistral Beach in Newquay. Soak up the vibes of Cornwall’s coolest surfy town, learn to surf with the Quiksilver surf school, make the most of family facilities and activities, and fuel up on delicious local ingredients served with sea views.
- BE THERE
- WHAT'S ONSITE
- SURF & BEACHES
- EAT & DRINK
- THINGS TO DO
- WE SAY
Relax to the echo of the waves in comfortable, stylish family rooms sleeping 3-6 guests – many with sea views.
The rooms are equipped with families in mind, with everything you need including a kit for each child to build their own furry friend. Some have balconies with sea views, while others have private balconies overlooking the children's play area, making it easy to keep an eye on little ones from the comfort of your seaside sanctuary.
Dogs are also welcome.
Excellent family facilities include:
- A heated indoor swimming pool with a dedicated area for little nippers wanting to splash around.
- An adults-only spa where you can slip into the blissful zone of beauty treatments and massages.
- A soft-play area and activities for kids.
- Outdoor pirate play area.
- Onsite surfing school and board/ wetsuit hire.
The Esplanade overlooks the waves of the world-famous Fistral beach – the UK's unofficial surfing capital and home to number of surfing competitions.
The professionals at the onsite Quiksilver Surf School Newquay will ensure that guests of all ages will have fun while learning to surf or improving their technique.
Surfboard and wetsuit rental available.
Newquay is home to a plethora of surfing beaches for all abilities, from Fistral to the more sheltered town beaches of Tolcarne, Great Western and Towan.
Escape the crowds on Little Fistral, an idyllic spot for rock-pooling and searching for sea glass.
Enjoy traditional seaside life, eating ice cream, building sandcastles and enjoying all sorts of water sports from coasteering to adventures on a giant SUP.
When you book with Family Surf Co. we'll send you a guide to the best surfing beaches and other family activities in Newquay.
Water temps range from 9-10C in winter to 15-18 in summer – so you’ll need at least a 3/2mm wetsuit in summer and 5/4mm in winter.
The Esplanade Hotel's Pebbles Bar and Cove Restaurant offer laid-back dining in a stylish beachfront restaurant in Cornwall.
Enjoy a bounty of superb, local ingredients in modern British and European cuisine.
The family-friendly dining area has no restrictions on eating times and serves a delicious kids' menu, making it easy to enjoy mealtimes with the whole family.
The Esplanade hotel is just footsteps from Fistral’s huddle of bars and restaurants, including one of our family favourites, The Stable, the trendy Fistral Beach Bar, and the foodie hotspots of Rick Stein Fistral and The Fish House.
- Try coasteering – scrambling, swimming and rock-jumping around the coastline.
- Head into Newquay and ride the Concrete Waves of the skate park.
- Experience the vibrant beach culture of the UK’s surfing capital.
- Dip into the underwater world at Newquay Blue Reef Aquarium
- Head to Newquay Zoo to observe over 100 species of wildlife from lions to poison dart frogs.
- Strike out along the South West Coast Path to the town beaches, or south around Pentire Headland to Crantock and Holywell Bay.
"Fistral beach is arguably the most famous surfing beach in the UK, with consistent swell and waves for all levels. The Esplanade hotel is perfectly located to hit the waves with the excellent Quiksilver surf school – whether you want to enjoy family surfing sessions or learn to surf while young children enjoy the activities and facilities at the hotel."
Hayley Lawrence, Surfing mum and travel expert.