Surfing life comes with cutting-edge style at this thoughtfully designed hotel and apartments in Ericeira. Sea views, surf lessons, spa treatments and fine dining are all part of the ocean-inspired experience.
- BEACH LIFE
- CHILL OUT
- ON THE DOORSTEP
Location: Praia do Sul, Ericeira
Transfer: 35 minutes’ drive from Lisbon airport
Family Friendly: Babies upwards
Climate: Winter 10-16C; Summer 26-30C
Surf level: All abilities
- Coastal hues, wood floors and designer style merge in contemporary, highly functional living and sleeping spaces.
- There are 36 apartments with high-spec hotel service.
- One-bedroom apartments with a sofa bed sleep up to 4 guests; 2 bedroom apartments with sofa bed sleep up to 6 guests; 3-5 bedroom apartments sleep 8-10 guests.
- All apartments have a private balcony, most with a sea view.
- Mod cons include air con, cable TV and WiFi.
- Fully equipped kitchens in each apartment, with fridge, freezer, oven, hob, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Heated indoor pool with sea views.
- Spa using organic Voya products and offering massage treatments, sauna and steam room.
- Fully equipped gym so you can keep fit on holiday.
- Relaxation zone.
- Kids’ space with beanbags, toys and computer games.
- Daily surf sessions.
- Yoga classes available.
- Meeting and events space.
- You and the Sea is centrally located along the coastline of Europe’s first surfing reserve, offering easy access to a dozen breaks for all levels of surfers.
- Directly opposite the apartments, Praia do Sul is a peeling reef break ideal for intermediate to advanced surfers.
- From your balcony you can surf check Praia do Sul and get an idea of the surfing conditions along the coast.
- Waves and Lines Surf School, run by an expert local surfer, takes daily surfing sessions and will meet you at the reception of You and the Sea.
- Group lessons, private lessons and kids’ lessons are available.
- All equipment – boards, wetsuits, transport, insurance and organic snacks – are included in surf lessons.
- Photos and video analysis are also available on request.
- Surf guiding is available for all levels of surfers – why not try the 5-hour tour of Ericera’s best waves?
- Our favourite family surfing beach is São Julião, a sheltered, long stretch of sand just 10-minutes from You and the Sea.
- Nearby, the point break of Ribeira d'ilhas is one of the most emblematic surf spots in Ericeira and worth a trip to watch the experts take on the long, hollow waves.
- In the heart of Europe’s first surfing reserve, there are plenty of beaches and surf breaks to explore in Ericeira.
- You and the Sea is directly opposite Praia do Sul, where you can paddle in the flat-water lagoons while watching surfers take on the waves reeling from the rocky points.
- Foz do Lizandro is one of the town’s most popular beaches, with beginner-friendly waves and plenty of places to eat and drink beside the sea.
- Our favourite beach is São Julião, a 10-minute drive south of You and the Sea. As the tide ebbs you can find plenty of space along this beautiful stretch of cliff-backed sands.
- The glass-fronted Jaganda restaurant overlooks the indoor pool, garden and ocean. The youngest sibling of the much-lauded Infame restaurant in Lisbon, this open-plan space serves some of the best Portuguese cuisine in town. Tuck into wood-fired pizzas and sea-inspired dishes created from the freshest local ingredients.
- Breakfast is a delicious feast of fresh local produce that will set you up for a day on the beach. It is €15 per adult and not included in the cost of the apartment.
- There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance in Ericeira. We recommend a healthy smoothie bowl from Nalu Bowls, or Barbatana Surf & Deli for lunch overlooking the surf at Foz do Lizandro.
- Ride the skate ramps outside the Boardriders Quiksilver store.
- Set out on foot along walking trails in the surrounding natural environment.
- Get your balance on a stand-up paddleboard – individual and group sessions are available.
- Head to the Santa Marta park and playground.
- Find your Zen with yoga sessions.
- Take a book or magazine to the relaxation area.
- Watch the sunset over the ocean from your balcony or roof terrace.
- Feel pampered with a spa treatment using organic Voya products.
- Sweat out any stress in the steam room.
- Wander around the cobbled streets of Ericeira and feel the pulse of this fishermen’s village-cum-surf town.
- You’re only half an hour from Lisbon for a day lapping up some culture and exploring the city by tram.
- Take a 15-minute drive to Mafra and check out the extraordinary architecture of the 18th century Mafra National Palace.