For information directly connected to the COVID-19 travel restrictions, please click here.
- Once we’ve tailored your perfect family surfing holiday, we will ask you to pay a deposit to confirm your booking.
- The final price of your holiday is not confirmed until your deposit is paid.
- The deposit amount required to secure your holiday is usually 30%. However this can vary according to the supplier and whether or not you have booked a package including flights.
- The deposit amount and conditions will be stated on your quotation and booking voucher.
- The remaining balance is due six weeks or more before departure. The balance amount and when it is due will be included on your booking voucher.
- Any bookings made less than 6 weeks before the departure date must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
- Payment can be made via a World Pay link or direct Bank Transfer into our Family Surf Co. Trust Account. Our Trust Account ensures that your payment is financially secured until the date of travel.
TAKE ME THERE
- Once you’ve received your holiday confirmation and booking voucher, the holiday countdown begins.
- In the run up to your departure date we will ensure you’re ready for your trip of a lifetime by sending you a packing list and guides to surf beaches, restaurants and family activities in the area.
- You will also receive a detailed rundown of your itinerary, transfers, surf lessons and any other extras you’ve booked in advance.
- Please ensure you take out travel insurance at the time of booking, as this covers you for any mishaps in the countdown to your holiday that could prevent you from travelling.
- You are also responsible for getting visas, vaccinations and any other documentation required to travel to the destination of your choice.
- The number of guests allocated to each hotel room/ apartment is stipulated on booking. You may not exceed this number of guests and in the case of arriving with extra guests the owner of the property reserves the right to charge for any extra persons or refuse you the right to use the accommodation.
- We shall notify you of all check in and check out times at your accommodation. We are able to request early check in/ late check out if required, however this is at the discretion of the hotel owner.
- We have road-tested all the accommodation in our portfolio to ensure it meets our standards for the ultimate family surfing holiday. The description of each accommodation is accurate on the website and any other marketing material at the time of writing, and updated regularly. We will not be held responsible for any changes in the accommodation, amenities or service since our latest update.
- Family Surf Co. will not accept responsibility or pay compensation for the loss or damage of property, vehicle or contents of any guest during your stay. This includes no responsibility for failures and incidents beyond its control – including personal accidents, breakdown of internet access, plumbing or wiring, exceptional weather conditions, neighbouring building works, destruction or interruption of utility services, epidemic, temporary invasion by pests, and changes to or the withdrawal of specified amenities or facilities.
- We have selected family-friendly, professional surf schools with fully qualified instructors, to ensure the best possible family surfing experience.
- We will do everything possible to ensure your surfing experience runs to the designated itinerary and is of the highest standard.
- We are not responsible for any changes and cancellations in your surfing itinerary due to weather and tides, and we are not responsible for the failure of the surfing school to provide the arranged service.
- We will not be held responsible for any mishaps or accidents while you are surfing or undertaking any water sports. Please ensure that you have fully comprehensive holiday insurance that includes surfing and any other sports you wish to undertake on your trip.
- Family Surf Co. shall have no liability for any death or personal injury during your holiday.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- Families can be unpredictable. No one cancels their dream family surf holiday unless they really have to. So we try to make the blow as soft as possible, and if you have to change or cancel your family surfing holiday we’ll do everything possible to get it re-arranged.
- All cancellations and amendments must be issued to us in writing – an email is fine. It will be effective from the day it is received by Family Surf Co.
- A £50 admin fee will be incurred for all changes and cancellations. This is in excess of any other cancellation charges incurred by the hotel, flight or service.
If you have booked a PACKAGE HOLIDAY including flights and accommodation your holiday is ATOL protected:
- For package holidays only, in the event of your holiday being unable to go ahead due to travel restrictions, a force majeure, or failure on behalf of the airline or accommodation, we will provide you with alternative arrangements and a holiday equivalent to your interrupted booking.
- In the event of us being unable to make alternative arrangements, your holiday may be cancelled. Any refunds may be issued in the form of a credit note towards a future holiday with Family Surf Co. Your credit note will be equivalent to the same monetary value as your original holiday and has the same ATOL protection.
- If you are unable to use the credit note and re-arrange your holiday before the expiry date of the credit note, Family Surf Co. will then issue a full refund for your holiday.
If you have booked ACCOMMODATION ONLY with Family Surf Co:
- Standard cancellation terms and conditions and fees apply. Specific cancellation dates and terms will be stated on your booking voucher.
- We will only refund amounts refunded to us from the accommodation.
- Where possible we will issue all refundable amounts with a credit note towards a future holiday with Family Surf Co.
- This credit note will be equivalent to the same monetary value as your original holiday and has the same financial protection.
- In the event of any travel restrictions, a force majeure or transport failure, we will adhere to these standard policies. For any further financial claim you will be required to seek cover from your travel insurance provider.
Trust Us: All of our holidays are financially secured, and held in a Trust Account until the time of travel. So, in the event of a holiday not being able to go ahead due to the insolvency of the airline or the accommodation, your monies paid to these suppliers are 100% protected.
WHAT IF FAMILY SURF CO. HAS TO CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY?
- We’ve worked hard to ensure we work with reliable hotels, surfing instructors and rental companies, to create the perfect family surfing holiday.
- However, if for any reason we are forced to alter or cancel your trip, we reserve the right make any changes necessary and will find a solution to ensure you have the trip of your dreams.
- We will notify you of any changes at the earliest possible date.
- We will provide a replacement holiday or service of the same quality and price (subject to availability).
- No compensation will be paid where the change or cancellation is due to Force Majeure. Force Majeure means unforeseeable and unusual circumstances beyond our control at Family Surf Co., the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised. Such circumstances or events include (but are not limited to) war or threat of war, riot, pandemic outbreak, civil strife, closure or congestion of airports, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster industrial dispute, and unavoidable technical problems with transport, fire and adverse weather conditions.
- At Family Surf Co. we do everything within our powers to ensure you have the ultimate family surfing holiday. If any part of your trip organised by us does not go to plan we will do everything we can to ensure it is rectified and your trip runs smoothly.
GET READY FOR TAKE OFF
- Ensure you have comprehensive travel insurance, including sports cover that includes surfing, for the duration of your trip. We do not currently provide travel insurance as part of your package.
- Ensure you have had all necessary inoculations before you travel. Check out www.masta-travel-health.com for advice and make an appointment at the travel health clinic at least 6 weeks before you travel.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS
- It’s up to you to ensure you have valid passports and visas, and comply to all the entry regulations for the destination you are travelling to. If you do not have the correct documentation for travel or are refused entry to your destination, please be aware we are unable to assist you in any way.
- Make sure you take a copy of your booking voucher and confirmation email from us. This document contains vital information regarding your arrival, itinerary and contact numbers of our team.