Sustainable surfer-chic hotel, bungalows and villas
Escape to a surfing and yoga sanctuary, where style and sustainability merge seamlessly. Relax amongst the howler monkeys and hummingbirds, or surf the pristine waves of Playa Guiones. Harmony offers family suites, garden bungalows and private villas, from where you can kick back and make the most of Costa Rica’s finest family surfing town.
- BE THERE
- BEACH LIFE
- CHILL OUT
- ON THE DOORSTEP
Stylish and sustainable family surf hotel in Nosara, Costa Rica
Location: Playa Guiones, Nosara
Transfer: 2.5 hours from Liberia international airport (LIR); 4.5 hours from San Jose international airport (SJO). Domestic flights are available with Sansa (flysansa.com) from both airports to Nosara airstrip, just 15 minutes’ from Harmony.
Family friendly: All ages
Climate: Green season 20-30C. Dry season 25-35C.
Best time to go: Dry season is Nov–April, with hot sunny days and small to medium swells. The shoulder months of Nov and April offer bigger swells and fewer crowds. May to October is green season, with the wettest months being September and October.
Surf level: All levels
Other activities: Horse riding, canopy tours, wildlife reserves, snorkelling and diving, mountain biking, ATV adventures, climbing, fishing…
Time zone: GMT -6
- Choose from Cocos rooms, bungalows, suites and villas
- The thirteen garden one-bedroom bungalows are perfect for families of 4, each with a private patio, outdoor sunflower shower, hammock, seating area, king-size bed and twin sofa bed.
- The two-bedroom suite can sleep up to two families of 4, with its wide wooden deck, outdoor sunflower shower, hammock, seating area, two king-size bedrooms and additional twin sofa beds.
- Ten double Cocos rooms around the pool sleep 2 adults and a baby in a cot. Each of these has a large, private patio, outdoor sunflower shower, hammock, seating area and king-size bed.
- For the ultimate privacy bag one of the 6-person villas, each with their own living space and kitchen. Villa 1 also has a private 2-metre plunge pool.
- Full a la carte breakfast and one yoga session per day included in all accommodation options.
- All rooms are decked out with air-conditioning, sustainably sourced toiletries, mini bar and coffee machine (with complimentary local coffee), Wifi and safe.
- Swimming pool and patio
- Two open-air yoga studios surrounded by jungle, and daily yoga sessions.
- Healing centre offering treatments for tired travellers and sore surfers – the menu is inspired by the surrounding natural environment.
- Daily housekeeping
- Toiletries made from sustainable, biodegradable ingredients
- A two-minute walk away, Playa Guiones offers consistent lefts and rights.
- There’s plenty of white water for beginners and more hollow waves for intermediate and advanced surfers out the back.
- Surf lessons and board rentals are available for all levels. Harmony can arrange short or long-term surfboard or boogie board rentals. Eco-friendly Firewire surfboards are available for guests.
- Boards can be stored at the guarded rack next to the back gate.
- It’s a two-minute walk along a sandy track to the beautiful white sands of Playa Guiones.
- Part of the protected Ostional Wildlife Reserve, a breeding ground for Olive Ridley turtles, there is no development on Guiones beach.
- Other nearby beaches are Playa Garza, Playa Barrigona, Playa Pelada, Playa Nosara and Playa San Juanillo.
- With a restaurant and juice bar supplied largely by its own farm, you can enjoy delicious ingredients fresh from the field to the table.
- The restaurant makes the most of the region’s farms, fishermen and fruit trees, from its sushi dishes to its traditional specialities.
- Enjoy a varied menu, from cocktails and catch of the day, to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the kids.
- Follow the smell of freshly-baked bread down the path to the juice bar, where you can enjoy everything from muffins and coffee to freshly-made smoothies.
- Horse riding
- Diving, swimming and snorkelling.
- Harmony’s Green Living Tour.
- Relax in a hammock beside the pool at Harmony Hotel.
- Take a moonlit walk along the beach.
- Enjoy a massage or beauty treatment.
- Zip line and canopy tours.
- Witness hundreds of thousands of sea turtles come to shore to lay their eggs during peak nesting season (Sep–Nov) at nearby Ostional (30 minutes’ north).
- Nosara climbing wall.
- ATV quad-bike adventures.
- Sport fishing trips.
- Kayak tours.
- Visit Nosara Biological Reserve
- Visit the Refuge for Wildlife & SIBU Sanctuary
- Waterfall hikes and riverboat tours.
- Birding tours.