Eco surf house
Create unforgettable memories while living in harmony with Mother Nature. Choose a self-contained bungalow or a surf-styled room at this designer, ocean-side pad with an infinity rooftop pool, skate park and organic veggie garden.
- BEACH LIFE
- CHILL OUT
- ON THE DOORSTEP
Location: Avenida do Atlântico, nº 2 A. Santa Cruz. (opposite Praia da Física)
Transfer: 50mins drive from Lisbon airport
Family Friendly: Best for 7+
Climate: Winter 10-16C; Summer 26-30C
Surf level: All abilities
- A place of creativity and simplicity with surfing and sustainable living at its heart, Noah Surf House consists of 8 rooms and 13 bungalows.
- Mar rooms sleep up to 4 guests, with a Queen-sized bed, mezzanine with twin beds, fireplace, two showers and a sea-view balcony with surfboard rack.
- Mar bungalows sleep 3 guests (perfect for couples with one child), with a Queen-sized bed and single bed, private bathroom and sea-view balcony with surfboard rack and outdoor shower.
- Mar & Cook bungalows sleep up to 4 guests, and come with a fully equipped kitchen where you can create your own culinary masterpiece while soaking up the sea views. These include a Queen-sized bed and twin beds, private bathroom and sea-view balcony with surfboard rack and outdoor shower.
- Terra rooms sleep 6-8 guests, with a Queen size bed, twin bed and hanging or mezzanine beds. These overlook the organic garden and open onto a private terrace with surfboard racks and outdoor shower.
- There are also shared Bunk Bed rooms sleeping up to 8 people, with private garden/ terrace.
- Each room is decorated in an original way – think stripped-back wood features, upcycled furniture and fishing nets, along with high tech extras such as a Bluetooth sound system and digital safety box.
- Thriving on the fresh air culture, instead of air conditioning Noah uses aero-thermal energy to heat the rooms and fans combined with the Atlantic breeze to cool down the rooms.
- Noah Surf House was designed by Portuguese architects, Alexandra Paiva and Vasco Vieira, using glass, cork and wood as its key structural elements.
- Restaurant and Beach restaurant.
- Rooftop deck with cocktail bar, hot tub and fire pit.
- Rooftop infinity pool heated by solar panels (April – October).
- Rooftop skate park.
- Organic vegetable garden.
- Surf racks and outdoor showers for each room.
- Sports centre, functional training and yoga studios.
- Surf store.
- Multi dynamic/ meeting room with projector.
- Surf school.
- Babysitting on request.
- Beach huts beside the sand (in the summer).
- Noah Surf House has its own sports centre and surf school, with expert instructors who run courses for all levels and ages.
- Shortboarding and longboarding tuition is available.
- Surf lessons are separated into three levels, each with different theoretical and practical goals.
- The surf school uses the best gear on the market and is accredited by the Portuguese Surfing Federation.
- Santa Cruz is in the centre of Portugal’s West Coast – an unparalleled location for surfing with waves for all levels.
- Choose from point breaks, beach breaks, busy breaks and deserted breaks.
- SUP lessons are also available for waves and flat-water conditions.
- There are eleven awesome beaches in Santa Cruz linked by stunning cliffs and coastline.
- The hotel overlooks the golden sands of surf-lashed Praia da Física.
- Santa Cruz is the home of the annual World Surfing League competition.
- In 20km of coastline there are beaches for surfing, picnics and relaxing family days by the sea.
- Catering for surfers, yogis and active types, Noah serves up delicious fruit bowls and drinks to boost your energy for surfing and skating sessions.
- Fresh vegetables and edible flowers are plucked from the organic garden just before they’re put on your plate.
- Breakfast includes organic produce from the garden, freshly squeezed juices, breads and cereals, homemade cakes, yoghurts and jams.
- The Noah Beach Restaurant is directly opposite on the beach, where fresh fish and Portuguese specialities steal the show.
- The rooftop cocktail bar serves homemade snacks and light dishes.
- Grab and go packs are available so you can takeaway delish food to the beach or your room.
- Yoga (kids’ yoga too).
- Functional training and liquid balance (stretching on stand-up paddleboards).
- Skateboarding and carver boards.
- Cruiser bikes – for adults and children.
- Surfboard shaper visits.
- Vegetable garden activities and foodie experiences.
- Movie nights
- Beach sports including beach volleyball and beach football.
- Watch the sunset over the waves from the terrace.
- Grab a cocktail for the sunset DJ sessions.
- Sink into the rooftop hot tub.
- Snuggle up round the fire-pit under the stars.
- Float in the infinity pool and listen to the ocean.
- Find your Zen with a yoga class.
- Feel dwarfed by nature when you visit the viewpoint of Miradouro de Santa Helena.
- Wait for low tide and walk beneath the huge rock arch of Penedo do Guincho.
- Take an hour’s drive to Nazaré to watch the big-wave surfers take on the ocean’s giants.
- Explore the hilltop city of Sintra, with its fairytale landscape of parkland, castles, palaces and cobbled streets.