Family action resort and spa in the surf hub of Peniche
Stay in style in this surf, skate and spa resort where you can enjoy the perfect balance between action-packed beach days and time to chill out in comfort…
- BEACH LIFE
- CHILL OUT
- ON THE DOORSTEP
Transfer: 1hr drive from Lisbon airport
Family Friendly: 5+, heaven for ten to teens
Climate: Winter 10-16C; Summer 26-30C
Surf level: All abilities
- Choose your favourite way to ride – skating, surfing or cycling.
- Onsite bike hire with bike tours available.
- Find your flow with yoga and pilates classes.
- Take skateboarding lessons in the custom-built skate park.
- Test your climbing skills on the bouldering wall.
- Contemporary and stylish pop art décor, with rooms to suit all types and sizes and families.
- Double Ride rooms are great for families, with a king-size double and two cool and spacious bunks. Interconnecting rooms are the perfect set-up for larger families or families travelling together. There is also one bunkroom with 6 beds, as well as standard doubles/ twins – some of which are interconnecting.
- Many rooms overlook the garden, swimming pool, skate ramp and activity area.
- Facilities include fridge, TV, walk-in shower, temperature control, bathrobes, shower gel and shampoo.
- Drinks on demand 24 hours.
- Onsite surf and skate academy.
- High-tech equipment including surfboards, wetsuits, scooters, skateboards, helmets, and protective pads.
- Surfboard storage and drying room.
- Bikes for hire and bike tours available.
- Heated outdoor pool.
- Outdoor play area and activity centre including bouldering wall, slack line, skate park and volleyball court.
- Babysitter available on demand (24 hours notice required).
- Sauna, Turkish bath and spa treatments.
- Gym equipment, pilates and yoga classes.
- Indoor games including table tennis, air hockey, snooker and table football.
- Chill out lounge area with big-screen TV and movie channel.
- Onsite WOW restaurant and bar serving contemporary Portuguese cuisine, regional wines and cocktails.
- Onsite surf school with excellent equipment and expert instructors.
- Surf lessons tailored for all ages and abilities from 6 years old.
- Daily shuttle bus to the best waves of the day.
- A short walk from three breaks (Meio do Baia, Cantinho da Baia and Lagide), and a short drive from several surf breaks including Almagreira and the world-famous Supertubos.
- Baleal’s unique geographical position means there’s year-round swell and options for all swell and wind directions.
- Board storage and drying room.
- Surf guiding is also available if you don’t require lessons.
- The hotel is a short walk from Baleal beach, where you’ll find family-friendly sands, beach cafés and surf breaks to suit different abilities and swell/ wind directions.
- It’s just two-minutes’ drive to Subertubos – a great spot to watch expert surfers pull into hollow barrels and catch some of the world’s best surfers take on the world-famous tubes in the WSL league each autumn.
- If you want to break away from the crowds, it’s just 10-minutes’ trot to Almagreira, where red rocks and pearly-white sands flank a series of peaks.
- It’s 15 minutes’ drive to Consolação, with its long stretch of sand and parade of beach cafés.
- Ride’s onsite WOW restaurant serves contemporary Portuguese cuisine using fresh local ingredients.
- The daily-changing ‘menu degustação’ is the best dinner option, with three courses and wine, usually including fresh local seafood and Portuguese specialities such as fish soup, grilled octopus, chocos fritas (grilled cuttlefish) and tuna ceviche.
- Great value happy hour and cocktails from 5-7.30pm.
- A range of good quality Portuguese wines showcasing the region’s vintages.
- Daily packed lunch menu to make family beach picnics a breeze.
- The WOW restaurant has picture windows overlooking the playground, pool and skate park, as well as easy access to the table football and air hockey, so when the kids get bored there’s plenty for them to do while you finish your meal in peace.
- The large rooftop bar overlooks the garden, pool and climbing wall, so you can keep an eye on the kids having fun while you sink a beer or mojito.
- There are plenty of places to try local specialities such as fish stew and grilled sardines in Baleal. A short walk away, Prainha is run by a local family and serves up some of the finest local Portuguese cuisine by the sea.
- Relax with a massage or spa treatment.
- Enjoy a post-surf steam in the Turkish bath or sauna.
- Book a babysitter for a surf or a seafood dinner.
- Kickback in the rooftop bar with a cocktail in hand.
- Take a stroll around historic Peniche and visit the 16th century fortress.
- Take a 20-minute boat trip from Peniche to the natural sanctuary of the Berlengas Archipelago, boasting a unique eco-system and translucent waters.
- It’s only 45 minutes’ drive to the big wave hub of Nazaré, where you can witness the world’s bravest surfers dropping into giant waves up to 35-metres.