All-inclusive, luxury beach hotel, Maxwell Beach, Christ Church, Barbados
Hemmed by rainforest and the ocean, Sea Breeze Beach House is an idyllic location to combine surfing with a luxury beach holiday in Barbados. Step straight out onto a white-sand beach, and enjoy warm Bajan hospitality and the facilities of an award-winning, all-inclusive resort within easy reach of surf for all levels.
From £4,500 per week all-inclusive, for a Classic Ocean View Room sleeping 4.
- BE THERE
- SURF & BEACHES
- EAT & DRINK
- THINGS TO DO
The perfect location for surfing families looking for beachfront luxury and award-winning facilities. Sea Breeze Beach House sits on a stunning white-sand beach, within easy reach of surf breaks for all levels.
Location: Maxwell Beach, Christ Church, Barbados
Getting there: About 20 minutes’ from Grantley Adams international airport. There is a free airport shuttle to and from Sea Breeze.
Time zone: GMT -4
Currency: BBD (Barbados Dollar)
Best time to go: The weather’s a balmy 28-30C year-round. The dry season stretches from November to May, with the best season for surf being October to March. While June to October is classed as wet season, serious storms or hurricanes are rare and you can still get some classic surf on the southern tip.
Surf level: Beginner to expert.
Other activities: Sailing, kayaking, bodyboarding, snorkelling, sightseeing and tours.
Choose from the Classic Collection or Luxury Suites. This stylish, colourful resort has 122 rooms nudging the powdery white sands.
Top of the range are the Luxury Suites, boasting expansive ocean views from private balconies, spacious bathrooms, bedrooms and living rooms, and upgraded amenities ensuring you’ve got everything you need for a luxury family holiday. Choose from a junior, one-, two- three- or four-bedroom suite, and experience true Bajan hospitality.
Oceanfront Junior Suites sleep up to 4 in a king-size bedroom and sofabed in the living room.
Two Bedroom Ocean View Suites sleep up to 6 in 1 king-size bed, twin beds (can be a king) and a sofabed. These offer garden views and partial ocean views.
Two Bedroom Oceanfront Suites are made up of two adjoining oceanfront suites, sleeping up to 8 (one king, two queens and a sofabed), making them perfect for one or two families.
The Three and Four Bedroom Suites are incredibly spacious and unique, with panoramic ocean views, 2 king-size rooms, a twin room and 2 sofabeds, sleeping up to 10 people.
The Classic Collection rooms are also chic and colourful and come with lush garden and pool views, private balconies, terraces, rain showers, luxury bedding and everything you need for a family surfing holiday. Perfect for families, the Poolside Garden rooms have easy access to the swimming pools, while the Ocean View Rooms have breath-taking ocean views from the balcony. Both sleep four in 1 king-size beds plus a sofabed, or 2 queens.
The Classic Two Bedroom Suites on the second floor are suited to bigger families, sleeping up to 6 (1 king, twins and a sofabed), with pool and garden views, and spacious living areas.
Perched on the pristine sands of Maxwell Beach, this all-inclusive, luxury resort offers everything you need in this surfing paradise.
- There are three swimming pools, including an adults-only pool and a lap pool.
- Relax on over 1000-ft of beachfront, perfect for swimming and soaking up the Caribbean sunshine.
- There are separate adults-only and family areas in the resort, to ensure you can feel at home with your family.
- Teens club and kids’ club: Have some time to yourself and make the most of the Lil Dipper’s Kid’s Club for 4-11 year-old and the Shore Break Teen’s Lounge for older children.
- Relax in adults-only Jacuzzis with drinks service.
- Bask on a floating sun deck out to sea.
- Stay on form in a gym and fitness centre with elliptical machines, treadmills, stair climbers and dumbbells.
- Indulge yourself with in-room spa services and treatments.
- All your food and drink is included, across six different eateries experiences and five bars (see Food & Drink for more info). Rum tasting, wine tasting and mixology sessions are also included.
- All non-motorised watersports are included in your stay: surfing, sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, bodyboarding, snorkelling trips aboard Sea Breeze's very own Hobie Cat. Aqua aerobics, and beach fit sessions are also included.
- Other activities include art classes, bingo and local evening entertainment.
Sea Breeze is situated on Maxwell Beach, boasting pristine white sands for swimming and soaking up the sunshine.
- Nearby there are plenty of surf breaks for all levels.
- It’s just 10-minutes drive to the mellow Freights and South Point, and 25-minutes to Brandons.
- Your expert surf instructor will take you to the best spots for your ability.
- More experienced surfers can head to the west coast, where options include Tropicana and Sandy Lane.
- On the north coast you’ve got Duppies and Maycocks, also for experienced surfers, then Soup Bowl (dubbed Kelly Slater’s favourite wave) and Parlor on the east coast.
- Close to Soup Bowl, Sandbank is another more mellow option for beginner to intermediate surfers.
- The best season for dry weather and offshore winds is December to May, with the best swells from November to March.
Choose from a range of food and drink experiences at Sea Breeze – from family-friendly restaurants to a bespoke candle-lit beach dining while the children are looked after by a babysitter.
- Bajan and Caribbean cuisine is at the heart of the menu at the Mahogany Lounge, where you'll find daily breakfast and lunch buffets, and pop-up specials including beach BBQs and the Chef's Table with a five-course tasting menu.
- The more casual Aqua Terra Restaurant and Bar serves delectable seafood and premium cut steaks, on a stunning Sunset Deck overlooking the ocean.
- Enjoy barefoot, beachside family dining at The Flying Fish, where you can tuck into 'off the grill' choices, made-to-order pizzas and salads, beside the family pool area and beach.
- For a romantic dinner for two, make sure you book a babysitter and book a sea view table at the Cerulean Restaurant & Bar, where you can enjoy cocktails and international cuisine created using ingredients sourced from Barbados' best farms and fisheries.
- Get your fill of coffee, rum, Bajan cutters and sweet treats at De Rum Shop Café.
- Sip hand-crafted Caribbean cocktails in the beach bar, where you'll often find live entertainment.
- Treat yourself to a private candle-lit beach dinner, a picnic basket to castaway to an island, or a custom menu made for your taste buds. Sea Breeze can organise all manner of bespoke dining experiences especially for you,
- It’s worth spending an evening at the famous Oistin’s fish market, where you can enjoy tasty Caribbean food and lap up the party vibes every Friday.
Aside from its surfing, beach life and an abundance of watersports, Barbados boasts a rich culture and plenty of places to visit with the family. At Sea Breeze Beach House you can book all sorts of local sightseeing tours and fun family activities. These include:
- A submarine adventure into the Caribbean underwater world.
- A trip to hang out with the Green Monkeys of Barbados at the Wildlife Reserve.
- A cruise aboard a pirate ship or a catamaran.
- An underground adventure into the crystal clear pools and crystallised limestone of Harrison’s cave.
- A trip to Payne’s Bay to swim with the turtles offshore (Go as early in the day as possible, before all the big catamarans arrive).
- Deep-sea fishing.
- Horse riding and horse racing.
- An island safari.
- A visit to Orchid World.
- Tours to the Garrison Historic Area, Garrison Savannah, Barbados Museum, George Washington House and the South Coast Boardwalk.
"This is our go-to location in Barbados. Nearby Brandon's Beach is great for the family as you can sit with the kids and watch the surf from the shade of the trees. We like to lounge on the sand, playing with Marlon and sipping on a rum punch, while taking it in turns to surf the mellow waves in clear blue water where turtles often pop their heads out to say hello."
Angie Abell, Marine Biologist, surfer and mum of Marlon, aged 3.