Designer beach hotel in surfy Sagres
This 4-star hotel with its own surfing centre, offers the perfect combination of swanky hotel rooms and service, along with your own facilities to self-cater around family life.
Keywords : Family , Holiday , Learn to Surf , Surfing
- BEACH LIFE
- CHILL OUT
- ON THE DOORSTEP
TRANSFER: 1hr 20mins drive from Faro airport
SURF LEVEL: All abilities
FAMILY FRIENDLY: Babies, toddlers, teens
CLIMATE: Winter 10-18C; Summer 26-35C
OTHER ACTIVITIES: Bike hire, dolphin watching, diving, running trails, jeep trips
- Modern, stylish bedrooms inspired by coastal hues.
- Twin rooms, double rooms and one or two bedroom suites.
- Choose from sea view (frontal or partial), garden view or land view.
- Most rooms have a fridge and microwave; suites have a kitchenette with a hob, coffee maker, toaster and dishwasher.
- Facilities include temperature control, cotton bathrobes, natural soap and mod cons.
- heated Indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
- Babysitter available on demand.
- Outdoor play area with trampoline, climbing wall and indoor play room (unsupervised).
- Surf coaching centre, surfboard storage and equipment hire.
- New spa with sauna, steam room and spa treatments available.
- Daily yoga sessions and Gym.
- Self-guided hiking and running trails; guided walking trips also available.
- Bike hire and tours.
- Onsite surf centre run by the team at Freeride Surf School.
- Private lessons from 6-11 years and group lessons available for all ages from 12+.
- Onsite board and equipment rental.
- Daily shuttle bus to the best waves of the day.
- Walking distance or a short shuttle bus/ tuk-tuk ride to two surfing beaches.
- Year-round swell and one of the most consistent surf spots in Europe
- Situated on the south-western tip of Portugal, you’ve got easy access to south and west coast breaks, depending on the conditions and your ability
- If you bring your own equipment you can count on board storage and somewhere to dry your wetsuit between surfs
- The hotel is a short walk from Mareta Beach – a sheltered family-friendly beach made for building sandcastles, playing in the surf and eating ice cream in shady seafront cafés.
- It’s just 10-minutes’ walk to Martinhal beach – a safe, sandy bay perfect for paddling in calm waters, windsurfing and gazing out to the craggy islands of Martinhal.
- A 1km stroll through town, or 2 minutes’ by car, will take you to Tonel Beach, where you can hit the waves or spend the days playing in the rockpools and soaking up the scenery of Cape St. Vicente and the lighthouse.
- It’s a 5-minute drive to beautiful Beliche, a sheltered surfing beach backed by cliffs. If you’ve got tots in tow be aware that it’s a steep descent from the car park to the sand.
- Memmo Baleeira’s Fornaria restaurant serves delicious wood-fired Mediterranean flavours – from homemade pizzas to regional oven dishes – alongside stunning sea views.
- There’s also a pool-level café serving breakfast and dinner in its dining area and al fresco on the terrace.
- It’s a 2-minute drive to the supermarket if you want to stock up and cook in your kitchenette.
- The breakfast buffet includes everything from healthy options and freshly squeeze juice, to smoked salmon, continental platters and full fry ups
- There are plenty of places to eat nearby in Sagres – try Mum’s Restaurant, a slow food, vegetarian and fish with a big focus on sustainability and organic ingredients.
- Dine al fresco at Sereia – tucking into just-landed seafood while watching the fishermen bring in the day’s catch
- Onsite bike hire and beautiful biking trails around the Vicentina coast.
- Dolphin watching and boat trips with a team of marine biologists at marilimitado.
- Daily yoga classes.
- Hit three different running trails (4-13km) for varying abilities.
- Water sports including windsurfing and diving.
- Jeep trips
- Steam in the sauna or relax under the spell of a massage or spa treatment.
- Calm your body and mind with a daily yoga session.
- Book a babysitter and enjoy a seafood dinner overlooking the waves.
- Kickback by the poolside with a cocktail in hand.
- Watch the sunset on the most south-westerly tip of Europe.
- Visit the lighthouse at Cabo de São Vicente – the southwesterly tip of Europe and once thought to be the end of the known world.
- Horse riding at one of the nearby equestrian centres.
- Walk to the 15thcentury Sagres fortress, built to deter pirate attacks.
- Watch the fishermen landing their daily catch at Baleeira harbour.
- Explore the walking trails of the Western Algarve.
- Play a round of golf at the Parque da Floresta golf course.
There are no reviews yet.